Tuesday, November 17, 2009

In this world, anything can happen.

Her body hovers over his dead corpse. Tears spilling from her eyes wetting the front of her blouse. She slowy traces his cold cheeckbone with her fingers. Why did things have to end this way? It wasnt fair. That dark fuzzy memory flashed in her mind once again.

Slamming the door she yelled "I dont ever want to see your face again. I hate you, I will never forget what you have done to me. I dont want you in my life any longer."
"im so sorry" he whispered.
She remembered hearing his footsteps slowly drifting away along with the sound of his quiet sobs. Peeking through the window she watched him slowly pull out of her driveway onto the street. Within seconds a pickup truck sped around the corner and crashed into the drivers side of the car. Her loud scream echoed as she raced out the door. The force from the truck caused his little red car to flip three times, and land upside down. From there on it was a blur.

Though surrounded by people, she had never felt so alone. Walking away from the casket that held the person she loved so dearly was like holding her head under water when she needed to take a breath. Feeling suffocated she was forced to watch tall men dressed in black push his now eternal bed out the doors and into the car. The thought of that being the last time she would ever see his face caused her knees to buckle. Falling to the ground she felt her lips shape the word no, but there wasnt a sound made. Laying on the cold tiles she whimpered asking herself why. " I forgive you" she yelled, to an empty room. "I'm sorry" she said knowing nobody would answer. "I love you" she whispered though she would never hear those words from him again.

1 comment: